The cryptocurrency world is currently using blockchain technology – an online database that cannot be overwritten or edited. The security used by the blockchain network has not yet been broken – however, the situation may change. Quantum computers are becoming a real threat to blockchain stability and security.
What is QANplatform?
QAN is a startup, operating under the patronage of Centrum Circle the swiss-based crypto incubator and partnering up, working closely with the Polish cryptocurrency exchange, Bitbay. This platform puts particular emphasis on increasing blockchain security and building the so-called “anti-quantum shield”. The project is extremely visionary – creating unbreakable security even by quantum computers is a response to the fears of every cryptocurrency owner.
In just 2 years, the crew managed to develop the platform in a ready-to-run application that is quantum-resistant, energy-efficient and extremely fast.
What is the main threat?
Johann Polecsak, CTO of QAN said: “Many IT professionals and CTOs are neglecting and even denying quantum computing threats with the flawed reasoning that it must surely be a long time ahead when the reality is that this threshold is likely to be reached in the next five years.”
Quantum computers that can set the stage for technological development have also proved to be a threat to the world of cryptocurrency. They have a thousand times more computing power than the best supercomputer in the world – which gives them virtually unlimited possibilities.
The world of cryptographers, including QAN, focuses on solutions that will help prevent hacker attacks and prevent manipulation or interruption of blockchain.
What makes the QANplatform different from others?
- Security – the first blockchain resistant to advanced cyber attacks,
- Multilingualism – all 15 major programming languages will be available (for now it’s C, C++, Rust and TypeScript) when creating Smart Contracts (unlike other platforms, e.g. Ethereum, where only a few are accepted),
- Energy-saving – mining cryptocurrencies takes much less energy and resources – all thanks to the use of Proof-of-Randomness (PoR), (1 Bitcoin transaction = watching 48,819 hours of YouTube, 1 Bitcoin transaction = 732,291 VISA transactions)
- Speed and stability – QAN is 100 times faster than Ethereum (thanks to its Proof-of-Randomness algorithm),
- Openness to new technologies – the platform is adapted to the 5G and IoT networks.
- Easy adaptation to business – transaction fees are set based on the value of FIAT currency so that enterprises can easily create cost forecasts and prepare budgets.
Amount of employees: 25+
The company was founded: Q3 2019
Offices: Hungary, Estonia